Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Updates

The sun came out and shone down on some of the shiniest, healthiest dogs on the beach! And they smiled back at it glad to be loved by such a powerful force of nature. Well, here he is the picture of health! Love has found a way! No, I can't solve world hunger, or stop needless death, and I doubt highly that I can do much about the financial state of the world but I can change the doomed life of a neglected and misunderstood Rottweiler! Look at the obvious changes that have occurred here! From a crazed and vicious killer on a ten foot tow chain to sweet floppy love monster in my lap! Did you know that when Rottweiler's are happy they do a little dance? Have you ever seen one smile?
He has been with us  a few months now and I have finally gotten his diet perfected and he has put on a bit of weight, his eyes are clear, his coat is soft and shiny and thick. He is stronger and his endurance level has improved by a good 60%. His attitude has softened and he is calmer by far. We have begun to understand each others language and that has made a huge difference. Thank you to all who gave advice and help when we needed it most.
Rick and Fatboy have always been friends but their bond has grown stronger and they have a language all their own now. Rick has discovered that Fatty likes to be up high on a perch, so he has provided him with box platforms at 3 different locations so that he always has a look out spot! He still has his favorite spot right under the window closest to us though.
I just bought him a new halter for walking and we are going to fit him this afternoon. I have never used one like it so I will have to review and rate it later.

Sometimes the smallest things can make worlds of difference, just try love.

No comments:

Post a Comment